Saturday, May 10, 2014

May I

Under the sound of my voice, behind the blue of my eyes, behind the blush of my cheeks, behind the sturdy of my frame....is the vulnerable voice within that you can not hear and do not know. You do not know me. No one really does.

There is storm and there is sunshine. There is gray and there are vibrant hues. There are drones and there is laughter. Under the sound of my voice and deep within there is a hollow where I swim and try to find out who I am...journey with me as I share the chatter in my mind.  Half way through life.. as some would find the number to mean,...but sometimes in the stormy gray drones, the math adds up differently to me.

Have to run to a rainy baseball game with my son Astyn right now, but will bring my mind chatter back later. Right now, I have to put a smile on, while inside I utterly dread that the warmer weather is here and feel ashamed of my 25 extra pounds and miss my winter layers that helped me hide. Astyn doesn't know what is under the sound of my voice. He is thrilled to have his single mom at his baseball game.  He thinks I am beautiful and amazing. He and I, we know two different people.

For here and now,
Ella Reese

No comments:

Post a Comment